RPI HIFI DAC
- The Raspberry pi mother board has one major problem with i2s audio interface. The clocks coming from CPU can only output one frequency clock perfect, resulting in major problems with audio files sampled at 44khz and multiple. Too much jitter on i2s clocks. So we enter the master mode for i2s. Instead of the RPI giving the clock on the line, the DAC itself sends the clocks and RPI sends the data (file tobe played). Since we used 2 clocks the problem above solved.
- RPI-HIFI-DAC is unique, because of the way we have implemented the design. First we separated the power on 3 channels and filter it: one for the digital side, the second for analog and third for the clocks themselves. We use some of the good brand LDOs on the market. In addition, we used two oscillators with very low jitter for clock units. Finally, on the analog stage we are using a film capacitor (not ceramic) for a quiet DC to feed the TI IC to reduce signal distortion.
- Used on-board PCM5122 as the IIS clock master , instead of the clocks from RPI which comes with too much jitter. Added dual low jitter oscillators(45.158M and 49.152M) to support more exact sample rate clocks. No soldering, no additional cables. Just plug it in and do some simple configuration, You can get a same high-class music player.
- Dedicated 384kHz/32bit high-quality DAC PCM5122 for best sound quality.
- Audio output connectors: 2x RCA (LEFT &Right) &3.5mm head phone Jack.
- With 138mw headphone Amplifier can directly drive headphone.
- Work status indicators facilitate the understanding of the system working status.
- HAT size.
- DAC SNR is 112Db .
- DAC THD+N @ -1 dBFS -78dB.
- Full Scale Output of DAC is 2.1Vrms.
- Dynamic Range of DAC is 112dB
- Sampling Frequency ranges from 8kHz to 384kHz
- Ultra-low noise voltage regulators for optimal audio performance.
- Integrated EEPROM for automatic configuration(Option).
- Automatically switching frequencies according to the input I2S signals.
- Dual low jitter crystal oscillators for Master Clock generation.
- Infrared remote control connector (using GPIO26).
- DAC output coupled with Film capacitor .
- Compatible with Raspberry Pi Zero,Zero W,3B,3B+with the 40-pin connector. Connects directly to the Raspberry Pi board, no additional cables required,no soldering. Easy to get more beautiful and fantastic sound by this RPI+DAC HIFI suits.
- Absolutely perfect to support all Raspberry Pi music playback system ,such as OSMC, Max2Play, RuneAudio, Volumio, Moode, PiCorePlayer, PiMusicBox, OpenELEC, Debian, Ubuntu etc. Support play music from a hard disk or over the network. Support DSD over PCM(DOP)mode.
- Class-leading stereo audio DAC PCM5122, sample rates up to 384-KHz/32-Bit. Paired with stereo high fidelity headphone amplifier TPA6133. Provides 2.1Vrms ground-centered outputs coupled with Film capacitor.
- On-board a pair of gold plated RCA (LEFT &Right) jacks and a 3.5mm high-end headphone jack output, allow you free to play your music through Raspberry Pi to another terminals.
- On-board EEPROM and Infrared receiver extended function(Default no soldering)
- Connect the RPI-HIFI-AMP module and RPI with 40 pin connector .While installing the module
- attention to align the first leg of the raspberry pi and RPI-HIFI-DAC module.
RPI-HIFI-DAC module compatible with many Raspberry pi music playback system such as:
OSMC / Max2Play / RuneAudio / Volumio / Moode / PiCorePlayer / PiMusicBox / OpenELEC etc.
The user can choose a suitable for their own.
step 1: Enable I2S;
step 2: append the following line at the end of file 'config.txt'
Save & restart the raspberry pi;
Please refer to the File:RPI-HIFI-DAC-manual-en.pdf;