- 1 Foreword
- 2 Overview
- 3 Important Note
- 4 Features
- 5 Power supply request
- 6 Function Description
- 7 Installation Guide
- 8 Packing List
- 9 Document
- 10 FAQ
1. There are 3 version of X735: V1.0, V2.0, V2.1:
Version 2.1(Updated on Oct. 30th, 2019): Only change jumper 'FAN_HS' to 'AUTO ON' function; because we found 'AUTO ON' function is more useful to user.
Version 2.0(Updated on July, 30th, 2019): special update for raspberry pi 4 model B. Support all current models of the Raspberry Pi using a 40-pin header including pi 4 / 3B+/3B/2B/B+.
Add TYPE C power port for Raspberry pi 4 model B, and replace the 'select button' with L-SW jumper, add the another FAN_HS jumer to enable full speed fan. In fact, X735 v2.0 can have more performance.
Version 1.0:(Released on June, 24th) : designed for raspbery pi 3B+/3B/2B/B+
2.The X735 works seamlessly with the X825/ X828/ X857/ X835/ X872/ X820/ X850/ X830/ X860/ X870/ X852/ X822 to build your NAS storage center. At the same time, considering that you need a matching shell, we also design cases that can support X735.
At this point, you already have a mini linux working host.
The X735 is a multifunctional expansion board for all current models of the Raspberry Pi using a 40-pin header. It provides intelligent and safe power management, safe shutdown and full poweroff through software, an automatic temperature controlled fan which enables the use of the Raspberry Pi in extreme conditions including very high temperature environments. The X735 also reserves the 40-pin header that can be stacked with other Raspberry Pi accessory boards for enhanced applications.
At the same time, x735 reserve two kind of 4PIN power switch (momentary switch and latching switch) port, you can connect the additional power switch to safe control the power on/power off;
- Safe shutdown script: Document
- Full power off via software is not supported when using a external latching switch;
- "L-SW" Jumper on X735 should be removed when using onboard switch / momentary switch;
- "Auto On" Jumper on X735 should be removed when using external switch;
- Both "L-SW" & "Auto On" Jumper caps should be removed when using momentary switch;
- Support 4 kinds of power supply: Micro USB, Type C, DC5525 port (recommend), 2H5.54. (Do not power the Raspberry Pi via the Raspberry Pi's Micro-USB socket)
- Don't use this X735 power mgnt board with other power mgnt board like X725, X750, X705, etc.
Intelligent and safe power management
- Equipped with both momentary button and latching switch for easy power control
- Press the momentary button or external momentary power switch to turn on
- Press the momentary button or external momentary power switch and hold for 1~2seconds to reboot
- Press the momentary button or external momentary power switch and hold for 3~7seconds to implement safe shutdown
- Press the momentary button or external momentary power switch and hold for more than 8 seconds to force shutdown
- Supports safe shutdown and full poweroff through software
- On-board switch convenient to select latching or momentary power control switches
- Press the latching power switch once to turn on and again to implement safe shutdown
- On-board LED shows the status of power on, reboot and shutdown
- On-board PH2.0 connectors allows to use external latching switch or momentary button
- Powers the Raspberry Pi via the 40-pin header - no additional cabling required
- Allows power input via DC jack or Micro-USB socket or XH2.54 connector
- Allows power output via XH2.54 socket and or the 40-pin header
Auto cooling function
- Dual trip point temperature controlled cooling fan
- Auto-Control the fan for Cooling / quiet Operation
- Board temperature ≤34C - Fan running at low speed
- Board temperature ≥34C - Fan running at medium speed
- Board temperature ≥45C - Fan running at full speed
- On-board LEDs show the status of fan running low and high
- No driver and additional setting required for the cooling fan
- Reserved 40-pin stackable Header for Add-On Boards
- Works with all current models of the Raspberry Pi using a 40 pin header
- Fully compatible with our products X820, X850, X860, X870, X822, X852 to provide intelligent and safe power management
- Three kinds of power source:(DC5525, micro usb, XH2.54 2-Pin cable)
Power supply request
X735 V2.0 support four kind off power supply:
- DC5525 port: Can provide up to 4A power supply capability.
- Type C power port: specially designed for Raspberry Pi 4 Model B
- Micro USB; Compatible with your original mirco usb power adapter
- XH2.54 2Pin Cable: This is a flexible power supply
X735 V2.0 (Sold out)
For X735 V1.0(Sold out)
- Geekworm Video(X735 with X820): https://youtu.be/I1nnjh9HvGI
- Customer Video: https://youtu.be/rcPbe4wyYbs
X735 V1.0 Installation Guide Manual
- 1 x X735 Board
- 8 x Screw M2.5*6
- 4 x Spacer F/M M2.5*12+6
- 4 x Spacer F/F M2.5*12
The safe shutdown script is same with X730.
We test this shell script base official Raspbian '2018-11-13-raspbian-stretch.img' version;other operating systems not be tested!
#Download run script wget https://raw.githubusercontent.com/geekworm-com/x730-script/master/x730.sh #Setting file attributes sudo chmod +x x730.sh #Install the script sudo bash x730.sh #Setting up the command to turn off X730 from software printf "%s\\n" "alias x730off='sudo x730shutdown.sh'" >> ~/.bashrc #Reboot the Raspberry Pi sudo reboot #Powering off the Raspberry Pi from software x730off
1.How to use the Auto Power On jumper and Latching Switch Jumper on X735 V2.1 version board?
There two jumpers: Auto Power On jumper and Latching Switch Jumper on X735 board.
- Auto Power On jumper
Short - Auto power-on when power applied
Open - Power on when power button pressed
- Latching Switch Jumper
Short - Using external latching switch
Open - Using on-board power button or external external momentary switch
- 1. When use X735 V2.1 with Geekworm X825-C2 Case, we equipped momentary switch in X825 metal case, there is no need to short both of the jumper caps.
- 2. As the auto power on function use latching switch, if you need to use auto power on function, please connect an external latching switch to X735 board or use X735 on board power button.
2. Which GPIOs are used in the X735 script?
Answer: The GPIO4, GPIO17 and GPIO18 is used for power management. And the rest GPIO pins are available to use.
3.What if I connect the x820 XH2.54 5v to the IN of the X735, and then connect the power supply to the x820. Will the safe shutdown work?
Answer: This is no suggested, because power supply for X820 cannot be controlled by X735 and safe shutdown won't be implemented as well. You need to power from the X735 5V IN DC port.
4.Does the x735 power board work with the rock64 board? is the 40 pin connector compatible with the rock64 40 pin connector?
Answer: In fact, we didn't test X735 based with ROCK64, and we didn't consider ROCK64 board when we wrote a safe shutdown shell script, so we think X735 is not compatible with ROCK64. Also the PIN definiton of ROCK64 is different with Raspberry Pi. So it is not suggest to use X735 board with ROCK64.
5. What is the pinout for the PWR Switch?
Answer: Please refer to here: PH2.0 Conector Specification
6.Does the X725/X750 support to use with X735 together?
Answer: Please refer to Connecting the X725 UPS to the X735 Power Supply