Please send your issue information with order numbers and purchase link to our support email: firstname.lastname@example.org if you need after-sale support, that will do great help to solve the problem quickly, thanks in advance.
What do you need to use Raspberry Pi X825 V1.2 2.5 inch SATA Storage Board?
- A Raspberry Pi 4 Model B Board
- A DC 5V 4A Power Supply (Please use high quality power supply)
- A 2.5 inch SATA hard disk drives (HDD) or solid-state drive (SSD)
- A X825 use Metal Case kit(optional, we have released the case, but due to the raspberry pi USB 3.0 frequency interference, it is suggest to use 5G signal if use the case)
- The X825 expansion board provides a complete storage solution for newest raspberry pi 4, it supports up to 4TB 2.5-inch SATA hard disk drives (HDD) / solid-state drive (SSD). Only 2.5 inch SATA interface HDD/SDD hard disk is suitable for X825 Board;
- It is updated from raspberry pi 3b+/3b X820 V3.0 2.5 inch SATA SSD expansion board. (Please refer to X820 if you want use the 2.5 inch SATA SSD on raspberry pi 3b+/3b/2b)
- For Use With: Raspberry Pi 4 Model B
- Upgraded to USB3.1 Gen1 port;
- Operating System: All Raspberry Pi operating systems
- Supports upto 4TB 2.5-inch SATA hard disk drives (HDD) / solid-state drive (SSD) (Theoretically it can work with 6TB or 8TB as well. But actually we do not test the X825 board with 6tb or 8tb HDD, you can have a try.)
- Ideal storage solution for Raspberry Pi 4 Model B
- On-board push button to control power on /off (Press-ON, Hold the button pressed at least 2s -OFF)
- Powers the Raspberry Pi via Pi's 40-pin header
- LED red indicator indicates powered status and blue indicator indicates drive status
- USB 3.1 Gen1 to SATA 6Gb/s Bridge Controller
- Quick file transfer with high-speed USB 3.1 connectivity from a PC or a Mac
- Powers the Raspberry Pi - no additional power supply for RPi 4
Power Supply Requirement
- Power supply: AC 100 - 240V input 50 / 60Hz, 5V DC 4A output
- DC Power Plug Size : 5.5*2.5mm
- Important Note: Please use high quality DC 5V 4A power supply, the best choice is to buy the DC 5V 4A power supply that Geekworm provided. If you get low quality power supply to use, it may probably will damage your 2.5 inch HDD/SSD.
- 1 x X825 V1.2 Expansion Board
- 1 x USB 3.1 connector
- 1 x 2 Pin Power Connection Wire(Cable: 12cm/4.72inch)
- 1 x Mounting screw package
Note: Not include the raspberry pi and the 2.5" SATA SSD.
Q1: Don't detect HDD/SDD?
- This is a complicated question, but we can check it from these points. Please refer to How to check the X825
Q2: Do i need an external power source supplying for x825 board?
- Yes, here is the specification: 5V and 4A with a 5.5mm barrel connector.
Q3: With a hard drive installed, could you eleminate the need for a micro sd card and boot straight from drive?
- USB mass storage boot is available on Raspberry Pi 3B, 3B+, 3A+, and 2B v1.2 only.
- We are also wait for raspberry pi official's documentation about it for raspberry pi 4.
Q4: Does the X825 support USB boot?
Note: About the USB boot mode for Raspberry Pi 4,it is not support now, as the Raspberry Pi official site still not release any document about it, please refer to here:
USB mass storage boot is available on Raspberry Pi 3B, 3B+, 3A+, and 2B v1.2 only.
Matching Metal Case for X825
Please refer to X825-C2 Case